What Is a Glass Bubbler?
A bubbler is a cross of a water pipe and a bong. It features a bowl, stem, mouthpiece, and a water chamber, much like a bong. You can also purchase bubblers with a percolator. This is an extra water chamber that helps filter and cool the smoke.
Types of Glass Bubblers
There is no shortage of variety when it comes to glass bubblers, although they all have the following in common:
- Each one has a bowl that varies in size according to the bubbler you purchase.
- Every bubbler has a water chamber, but once again, the size varies.
- All bubblers have a stem with an opening at the end. In this device, a stem is where the marijuana smoke travels through once filtered by the water.
Therefore, when looking at the wild and wonderful glass bubbler designs, remember that their goal is the same. They use water to filter the smoke and allow for smoother hits. Experienced smokers understand the difference between harsh hits and cool & smooth ones. Here are a few common types of glass bubblers:
- Double Bubbler: This device has two chambers rather than one, which means the smoke gets filtered twice. The result is a smooth, clean, and refreshing hit every time.
- Concentrate: This bubbler is for marijuana concentrates and essential oils.
- Sidecar: This bubbler has a mouthpiece and stem attached to the side of the water chamber, which helps minimize the risk of splashback.
- Sherlock: One look at this bubbler gives you a good idea of what to expect. It gets its name because it looks like the pipe used by Arthur Conan Doyle’s fictional detective.
- Pendant: This bubbler option is usually small and has a tiny hole or ring. The design allows you to wear it around your neck like a pendant.
- Hammer: This bubbler looks like a hammer but don’t use it like one!